Brahmatal Trek Itinerary
Day 1 - Kathgodam to Lohajung
Upon your arrival in Kathgodam early morning, you will be picked from the railway station or bus stand.
You will be travelling for 9 hours to reach Lohajung which is 225 KM away from Kathgodam.
By lat afternoon, you will reach Lohajung where you will be staying at night in a guest house.
Day 2 - Lohajung to Bekaltal
Today’s trek will start after breakfast. Commence the trip to Bekaltal.
En route, let your eyes enjoy some awe-inspiring views of Nandaghunti Peak.
Trek through the forests of oaks and firs. Conclude the 4-5 hours long trek after you reach Bekaltal. The total distance you cover would be 8 KMs.
Stay overnight in tents.
Day 3 - Bekaltal to Brahmatal
Enjoy the snow covered pathways that let you reach Brahmatal. It will take around 4 hours to complete the trek.
The trails go through a forest and when you reach Telindi top, behold the enchanting views of the mighty Himalayas.
Continue walking to finally arrive in Brahmatal or Khabekhal Lake.
Day 4 - Khabekhal to Bhramtaal to Daldum
Right after breakfast, get ready to climb to the top of Brahmatal.
Tread along the tricky pathways which go through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar.
This trail is encircled by a mountain ridge with valleys on both sides.
You will take 2.5 hours to reach Brahmatal Top.
On this journey, revel in the glimpses of magnificent Himayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is very close along with the views of Nandhaghunti.
From the top, you can revel in the exotic views of snow covered Himalayan Ranges.
Proceed to the next camp site in Daldum and the trek will take up to 3 hours to finish. 2.7 KM will be the distance you would be covering with this trek.
Again, forests will be accompanying you through these trekking trails.
Day 5 - Brahmatal to Lohajung
Today, you will trail back to Lohajung along the same path you took to reach Brahmatal.
Once you reach here, check-in to your guest house and take rest.
Day 6 - Lohajung to Kathgodam
Conclude the trek and depart to Kathgodam early morning.
After your arrival at Kathgodam, your trip comes to an end.
But, you can plan how to spend the day fruitfully on your own, be it sightseeing or shopping, Kathgodam will not disappoint you.
- Accommodation in guest houses, home stays and camps on triple sharing basis
- All meals (vegetarian) will be included during the trek
- Trek equipment (sleeping bag, mattress, crampon, utensils, tent)
- All necessary permits and entry fees
- First aid medical kits
- Mountaineering qualified and professional trek leader, guide and support staff
- Staff insurance
- Transportation from Kathgodam to Lohajung and return is available at an additional cost
Things To Carry
- Comfortable footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- Jackets or sweater
- Personal medication
- Lip balms
- Warm clothes
- Energy bars
- This package has two variation. The one with transport includes a pick and drop from Kathgodam to Lohajung and then back to Kathgodam, Lohajung is the start point of the trek. The one without transport, Trekker have to reach Lohajung on his own .
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- While visiting any religious sites, follow proper dress-code and do not hurt the local sentiments of the places.
- Do not harm or interrupt the local and religious sentiments of the places.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician
- Though medical facilities are available at every campsite, participants are suggested to carry their own medication (if any)